Looking for the perfect home in Atlanta, GA, and the surrounding area can be full of both excitement and anxiety at the same time. You have a wish list of what you’d like in a new home, but budget constraints, location issues, and unforeseen home improvements can certainly add to the overall stress of home ownership. Thankfully, you and your new home are in good hands with ProTech Home & Property Inspections, Inc. We have completed thousands of inspections, which can help you make the best home buying decision for you and your family.
What Will Happen during a Home Inspection?
- Your home inspector will check the following systems in your home: plumbing, electric, heating and cooling, and structural components such as roof and foundation.
- A written report will be provided at the end of the inspection with the results of the condition of the home.
- A home inspection generally takes two to four hours, depending on the size of the home.
What Specific Areas of the Home Will Be Inspected?
Below is a comprehensive checklist of what areas the home inspector will be checking:
- Heating system
- Central air conditioning
- Interior plumbing
- Electrical systems
- Windows and doors
- Visible insulation
- Any other structural components
What Should I Do during the Home Inspection?
In order to gain the most knowledge from the home, we recommend that all future homeowners take an active part in the process:
- Attend the inspection, if your schedule permits. It’s expected that you will ask questions along the way as you come across any issues in the home.
- Both minor and major issues will be noted in detail on the report. Most of the minor issues will be inexpensive items you can repair after you move in. Pay special attention to the major issues the home inspector lists on the report, as these can make all the difference in whether you actually purchase the home.
- Review the inspection report with your real estate agent. A trusted and experienced agent will know the specific red flags to look for if there are any listed on the report.
When purchasing a new home, Phil and the entire ProTech Team are ready to provide you with a thorough and comprehensive residential home inspection. Schedule your home inspection today, or call our office at (770) 277-5655.
Comments are closed.